IF YOU WERE DECEIVED BY A SCHOOL, WE CAN HELP:
- Please report any deceptions or unfair treatment to the Department of Veterans Affairs' new complaint system and to the Defense Department's new system if you used Tuition Assistance or MyCAA. Protect your buddies by letting VA & DOD know who the bad actors are.
- Please also report any deceptions or unfair treatment to the Department of Education. Also tell them if you are having problems with financial aid, student loans, student loan companies, or debt collectors.
- If you faced fraud or deception regarding a private loan, you should alert the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Please also let us know at Veterans Education Success or email us at: email@example.com. We can connect you with free attorneys, law enforcement, and we can advocate on your behalf with state and federal agencies and with your college.
Got Loans? Help is available!
You can get your federal student loans forgiven (and even get reimbursed for loans you already paid) if your school:
- Took out loans in your name without your permission or signed your name without your knowledge (application form is here);
- Defrauded or deceived you (application form is here);
- Closed (and you were enrolled within 120 days of its closure) (application form is here); or
- Wrongly enrolled you in a program you couldn’t benefit from (such as if you lacked a GED) (application form is here).
You can also get your loans forgiven or reduced if you are:
- Totally disabled;
- Working in a Public Interest job (including military, government, and non-profit);
- Working as a Teacher; or
- Not making enough money to pay your loans. The Education Department has 4 terrific programs to lower your monthly payments! Most students don't know about it! Apply here.
Want help? Free lawyers are available to help you. Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
"I am so thankful for Veterans Education Success. They have done more for me in 4 months than anyone and/or an organization has done for me in almost 4 years. People telling me, it’s my fault and there is nothing that could be done and I will just have to pay off the student loan. I am blessed to know that I have a wonderful organization that will stand by my side and fight until the end."
- Jonathan Ngowaki, Marine Veteran
Every time I called, VES answered. They stayed on top of my case and helped me get the VA to stop garnishing my wages and go after my school. They always updated me and make sure I had the tools to get what I needed.
- Ernesto Cruz, Army Veteran
“I specifically asked ITT Tech before signing up whether their degree was the same as any other public 4-year university and was told YES. I found out while applying at NYPD, LAPD, Seattle PD and 23 other police departments that NONE of them accepted ITT Tech credits. Once I found out that my time and money spent at ITT Tech was worthless, I tried to transfer my credits to a community college. I was told I have to start completely over as a freshman.”