U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs
VA's Dashboard on student complaints (Continually updated dashboard)
VA's GI Bill College Comparison Tool sets record usage, helping millions of veterans (Feb 2017)
VA's Principles of Excellence for Veterans' Education
GI Bill Actions
VA Alert: Ashford University Update -- You can continue to attend Ashford beyond August 16th (Aug. 4, 2017) (click here).
VA Alert: Critical Information for Students Attending Ashford University on the GI Bill (July 20, 2017) (click here).
Iowa District Court Rejects Ashford University's Claims, Effectively Pushing it Out of GI Bill (July 17, 2017) (click here)
VA Notice: Safeguarding the Integrity of the GI Bill (March 2017)
VA Notice to ITT Students re: Loan Forgiveness Options (Nov. 2016) (click here).
State Approving Agency Actions
Other VA Actions
VA Proposes to Waive Ethics Rule for VA Employees (September 14, 2017) (click here)
U.S Dept. of Defense
Tuition Assistance Actions
Rules for Colleges
Defense Department rules for school participation in Tuition Assistance: DOD MOU
U.S. Dept. of Education
Rules for Colleges
- Rule preventing colleges' "substantial misrepresentation" to students
- "Program Integrity" rules (and press release)
- "Program Participation Agreement" rules.
- Rule on "satisfactory academic progress"
September 2017 Public Comment from 34 Leading National Veterans & Military Service Organizations Urging Betsy DeVos Not to Rollback Student Protections (click here)
July 10 and July 12, 2017 Public Hearings on Education Department Announcement to Cancel and Revise Student Protections
- Public Comment from 33 Leading National Veterans Service Organizations and Military Service Organizations (click here)
- Testimony of Sean Marvin, Legal Director, Veterans Education Success (written testimony here and video here at minute 00:31:33)
- Testimony of Army veteran Ryan Clark (written testimony here and video here at minute 00:29:00)
- Testimony of Navy veteran Kevin Thompson (written testimony here, video here, and interview here)
- Testimony of Walter Ochinko, Veterans Education Success (written testimony here and video here at minute 00:00:40)
- Testimony of Will Hubbard, Student Veterans of America (written testimony here and video here)
- Testimony of John Kamin, The American Legion (written testimony here and video here)
- Testimony of Congressman Mark Takano, Member of the House Veterans Affairs Committee (written testimony here and video here at minute 00:41:00)
- Testimony of Bethany Keirans, Vietnam Veterans of America (written testimony here and video here at minute 00:58:10)
- Testimony of Heather Donnithorne, Blue Star Families (written testimony here and video here at minute 1:52:00)
- Testimony of Anthony Hardie, Veterans for Common Sense (video here at minute 2:22:00)
U.S. Education Department Integrated Post-Secondary Education Data System (IPEDS): Decision regarding Collecting Data from Colleges on Veteran Enrollment (Technical Review Panel #36: Collecting Data on Veterans)
New Analysis Finds Many For-Profit Colleges Skirt Federal Funding Limits: 90/10 Data Released (Dec. 2016)
Report on first 6 months of Education Dept's student complaint system: "Federal Student Aid Feedback System Preliminary Report" (Dec. 2016)
Education Department Press Release: "Federal Agencies Enhance Collaboration to Support Veterans in Higher Education" (Nov. 2016)